Monday, April 30, 2012

Alphabet Wall

In the big boy room I designed we wanted the alphabet somewhere in it. We also wanted it to be as inexpensive as possible. So I'll show you how you can create one of your very own!

Supplies Needed:
26 frames (I prefer them all to match, it achieves a more cohesive look)
Scrapbook paper Around 50 sheets
Die cut machine

We got the frames at IKEA for $1.99 each. We also found some similar ones at the dollar store, unfortunately they didn't have enough so we opted to get the ones from IKEA. But it's worth a shot you might get lucky and find some.

Then we used a silhouette machine to cut out all the letters and the frames. We used the same paper for the frame and the letter in each frame. There's so many options you could do to customize it just for your room. You could have all the frames match, you might be able to do the same thing with fabric. Let me know if you try it! It's a great inexpensive way to add a focal point to a room!
Parties I'm linking to this week:
Monday:
Skip to my Lou, Embellishing Life,
Craft-O-Maniac , DIY Show Off, Colours Dekor
Tuesday:
Home Stories A to Z, Coastal Charm, Tip Junkie, Not Just A Housewife, The Blackberry Vine, Today's Creative Blog
Wednesday:
Fabric Bows and More , Sew Woodsy, Ginger Snap Craft, Primp, Tales Of A Trophy Wife, Southern Lovely, Creations Of Kara, Rae Gun Ramblings,
Lil Luna, Savy Southern Style 36th avenue, Vintage Gwen
 Thursday:
Momnivore's dilema , A Little Knick Knack, Delightful Order, What's Allie's Making Now, 
Saved by suzy, Shabby Creek Cottage, House of Hepworths, Beyond the Picket Fence
 Friday:
The Shabby Nest, French Country Cottage, Tater tots and Jello, Chic On A Shoestring, Simply Designing, Simple Home Life, Thirty handmade Days, Delicate Construction, Five Days Five WaysTruly Lovely,At The Picket Fence, Sassy Sites, jfldsjf
Saturday:
Remodelaholic, Positively Splendid
Sunday:
 It's overflowingNifty Thrifty Things, Homemaker on A Dime, Under The Table And Dreaming, Itsy Bitsy Paper Blog


Pin It

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!! I love all the individually framed letters, you did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super idea. This looks amazing! I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I would love for you to share this (and any other rooms you decorated) at my May House Par-tay @ www.cheapcraftymama.com--- it just opened!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, love this! My twins are crazy for their ABC's, they would love this, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look, and who can beat Ikea for frames? I stock up on them every time I'm there.

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Great DIY, affordable + adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous idea.. Lovely!! lovely.. Wish my girlies were little to try this on their wall.. Saying that.. you've given me some more ideas..

    Thanks so so much for linking into Made with Love.. totally made my day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your wall so much.. Have featured you on our FB page today.. http://www.facebook.com/ColoursDekor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia. I appreciate it, that so sweet of you! =)

      Delete