Friday, April 6, 2012

Guest Blogger: Danielle Oakey

Today I have over Danielle from Danielle Oakey Interiors. I'm so excited for you to get to know her a little better. She's also an interior designer and I adore her blog.

Hi, I am Danielle from Danielle Oakey Interiors. I am originally from Calgary Canada but I currently live in Salt Lake City Utah with my husband and 4 year old daughter. My husband is just finishing his 3rd year of medical school, and I split my time between being a stay-at-home mom and running my small interior design buisness.
I knew I wanted to be an interior designer from a young age. I graduated with my bachelors in interior Design in 2007. It was an extremely challenging 4 years, but I loved every second of it. 
One of my design idols is Emily Henderson. I really think that woman can do no wrong. Her ability to mix patterns and texture is really incredible.
{images via Emily Henderson}
My favorite trend in decorating would be mixing design styles. I love including modern, vintage, and traditional pieces in each room.
My personal style is always evolving. I am typically attracted to bright, playful, and colorful interiors. My own home was done on a serious budget. Most of my furniture was purchased from thrift stores and refinished or from Ikea! I can't wait until I can purchase a new piece of furniture, one day...

Thanks Danielle for stopping by! You have to check out her blog she has such a great eye for design and has amazing talent!

Don't forget, there's still a chance to enter my  E-Design Giveaway! You can Enter here.
Pin It

1 comment: