Friday, April 6, 2012

Guest Blogger: Danielle Oakey

Today I have over Danielle from Danielle Oakey Interiors. I'm so excited for you to get to know her a little better. She's also an interior designer and I adore her blog.

Hi, I am Danielle from Danielle Oakey Interiors. I am originally from Calgary Canada but I currently live in Salt Lake City Utah with my husband and 4 year old daughter. My husband is just finishing his 3rd year of medical school, and I split my time between being a stay-at-home mom and running my small interior design buisness.
I knew I wanted to be an interior designer from a young age. I graduated with my bachelors in interior Design in 2007. It was an extremely challenging 4 years, but I loved every second of it. 
One of my design idols is Emily Henderson. I really think that woman can do no wrong. Her ability to mix patterns and texture is really incredible.
{images via Emily Henderson}
My favorite trend in decorating would be mixing design styles. I love including modern, vintage, and traditional pieces in each room.
My personal style is always evolving. I am typically attracted to bright, playful, and colorful interiors. My own home was done on a serious budget. Most of my furniture was purchased from thrift stores and refinished or from Ikea! I can't wait until I can purchase a new piece of furniture, one day...

Thanks Danielle for stopping by! You have to check out her blog she has such a great eye for design and has amazing talent!

Don't forget, there's still a chance to enter my  E-Design Giveaway! You can Enter here.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving her wide navy and white stripes, and bold use of color.

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are thinking of festooning your house, classy interior decoration in Dubai can give your sanctuary of love, a complete makeover. Just pick up the right accessories to decorate it beautifully and you will fall in love with your abode all over again.

    ReplyDelete