Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pom Poms How To

Pom Poms are such a fun, easy way to add some charm to a room. The best part is they're really easy to make! I'll show you how!

 We used a 2.5"  plastic lid to trace out all the circles.  We first tried to use a circle cutter but it was terrible and was ripping the fabric everywhere. Epic fail, so we found the best way was to use good old scissors.
 This is the most time consuming part. Just get yourself a comfy spot on the couch, and start cutting out all you circles.  We did a couple hundred, yes it was a ton! The yardage we used was: 5 yards for the big one. 4 yards for the medium size one. 3 yards for the small one.
 Next, pinch the center of the circle and then glue the outside bottom as shown. Be careful not to burn yourself! The glue can get really hot!
Then stick it on your paper lanterns.  We placed them about an inch apart, and just followed along the lines of the lantern so it was straight. Try to place the circles in the grove part of the lantern.

We found these at hobby lobby on sale. It was a three pack that came in three different sizes. Just keep going in rows one after another, till it's completely filled!

Tuesday:
Wednesday:
 Thursday:
 Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:
Pin It

16 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! My girlfriend made small versions of these as Christmas ornaments this past year. A great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie,

    Super cute poms poms! (And nursery, btw!) Target tends to have these on sale too, in the dollar bins.

    I'm also a newbie blogger. I hope you can check out my site.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is very awesome and very fun! I want to try this! I will be on the lookout for paper lanterns today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for a tutorial on how to make these. So glad I found you. I can't believe I just tossed out a bunch of those paper lanterns because they were faded. Ha, I had no idea they were used as a base. Good thing they aren't too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love that they're fabric. I've only seen them in paper. I would love for you to link this up to my "I Made This" party at Grits and Giggles. http://gritsandgiggles.blogspot.com/2012/04/i-made-this_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Really pretty. Stopping by from Coastal Charm. Would love for you to stop by my new blog if you get a chance

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so freaking cute! I like that you've made them out of fabric instead of paper it really adds a lot more definition to the pom. Though Im not sure I have the patience for this project I will probably be slack and buy them instead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful! 5 yards is a lot of fabric, but the possiblities with fabric are so much better! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used broadcloth it's really inexpensive and I used a 50% off coupon at hobby lobby!

      Delete
  9. I love pom poms SO much and these are so sweet! They are elegant and fun at the same time... love!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharing these on the facebook page. They're just gorgeous!

    ~Abbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visting from 30 Handmade Days! These are so sweet! great idea:)

    Warmly,
    Tori

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable! I would love to make some for my daughters' bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oohh I want to try this for a room I am currently working on. Found you through the Simple Home life linking party. Love your blog... I am excited to be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lindo demais, vou fazer para a festinha da minha filha.

    Bjs


    Gélia Carvalho

    ReplyDelete