Monday, March 5, 2012

Designer Look On A Budget

Ever see a room in a magazine and think "I would love my room to look like that but could never afford it!" Well here's proof that you can achieve a designer look on a budget. This room was featured in Lonny Magazine Mar/Apr 2011 issue. Photography by Patrick Cline and Interior Design by Daniel Pafford.
I love the neutral color pallette with pops of blue throughout. It keeps it clean and fresh feeling. I'll show you how to get champagne style on a beer budget. I believe even with a small budget you can afford great design.

Lonny Magazine Room
 



Budget Option


Rug from Overstock $338.29
Sofa from IKEA $399
Lamps from Furniture Row $68
Pouf from Overstock $129.99
Pillows 1,2,3 $28-$39
Chair from Home Decorators $183
Frames from IKEA $9.99-$19.99
Media Console from Home Decorators $599.99
End Tables from Home Decorators $199 each
Mirror from Wisteria $89.00
Grand Total: $2,430.23 (not bad for everything considering how you can easily spend that on a sofa)

Are you thinking that's great but I can't even afford that? Here are some tips to cut costs even further, find a dresser at a thrift store and mirror the front, or add nail head trim. Buy an inexpensive IKEA rug and paint it with a stencil like prudel design did here. Thrift the lamps and spray paint them white. Make your own sunburst mirror, there are a bazillion tutorials out there.  Thrift all the frames they all don't have to match. Buy a used sofa and cover with a slipcover.

Linking Up At these Fabolous Parties. For more parties check out my left sidebar.

Home Stories A to Z 
Coastal Charm 
Tip Junkie

Pin It

16 comments:

  1. I love all your ideas on how to get the look for less! And then even less with a little work!! Really pretty inspiration room and design board too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I know sometimes most people don't have a lot of money to spend and with some DIY projects you can costs considerably!

      Delete
  2. I love it! Some of my favorite pieces. I'm glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look. I really want to incorporate some of these elements as well as some thrifted pieces in our living room. It desperately needs a makeover.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great...I love these "high" "low" examples, it shows you that you don't need to spend a fortune to get a designer look. Thanks so much for the inspiration! I love reading your blog and am now your new loyal follower! If you have a chance, swing by and check out my block (and make sure to say hi!). :) Cath

    Home is Where my Heart is
    http://cathhasablog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your ideas! The room is calming and has just enough color! I'm following you now. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love that it just has small amounts of color. Thanks for following!

      Delete
  6. This room looks great!
    And huge thanks that you are linking to my tutorial;)

    Lovely greetings from Germany...

    http://pudel-design.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You are better than Sabrina Soto. You should have your own show too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're to sweet! I had to look up who Sabrina Soto was. Thanks for such a nice compliment.

      Delete
  8. great hints!
    thanks for sharing.
    cheryl xox.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great that you have actually shown your readers HOW they can about achieve the look for less. More, please!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! Featuring you tomorrow! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Aimee! I love your blog so happy to be featured on it!

      Delete