Monday, June 11, 2012

Get The Look: Designer Look On A Budget

How pretty is this bedroom designed by Sarah Richardson? I love the kelly green mixed with bright gold and lots of white. Here's how you can re-create the look in your own home.... on a budget and not spend a designer fortune. There are some spots to splurge and other spots to save.

1. Pre-Cut Headboard $197
This is a great alternative to buying already upholstered headboard. But to save even more money grab some plywood and make your own. Use this tutorial.

2. Lee Jofa Fabric

3. Kelly green greek key lamp   
This lamp is to die for. Use a vintage lamp in your room to add a designer touch.

4. White Pillow $10.99
Add some trim to these plain white pillows to make them look way more expensive then they are.

5. Green & Black Ribbon $5.70

6. Velvet green lumbar pillow $30

7. Ikea Ribba Frame $9.99
Add some vintage plates or some custom artwork to make these frames pop.

8. Cutting Edge Stencil $34.95
Instead of wallpaper use a stencil painted with black and white.

9. Gold Tray $98
I love this tray. Perfect for breakfast in bed! You just have to convince your husband to bring it to you.

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love that tray! Great picks for the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cannot go wrong with kelly green. This is a beautiful room. I would love it if you would share this at our WIW linky party. I hope you can join.

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love kelly green--funny story, I tried to use it in my boys' bedroom but my color turned out closer to John Deere green. Oh well! My boys are little and totally into John Deere with tractors all over the place. Love your look for less!

    ~Ellie @ beauty4ashes-ellie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm visiting from Frugal Friday. I love this room. Goregous!!

    Carolyn
    {my simple messterpiece}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up this is fantastic. I just wanted to let you know that I'm featuring this today. I can't wait to see what you have to share this week.

    Marissa
    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for featuring my kelly green lamp! Your selections are a feast for the eyes...you have excellent taste :)

    Ana
    http://vintiqued.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete